NGEK12001U Integrated Hydrological Modelling Using MIKE SHE
MIKE SHE integrated modelling and analysis
- Saturated zone, unsaturated zone, overland flow, river flow and evapotranspiration modelling and their integration in MIKE SHE
- Analysis of alternative process descriptions and conceptual model formulations
Model calibration and uncertainty estimation
- Calibration framework for integrated hydrological modelling
- Numerical optimization algorithms
- Parameter uncertainty analysis
Integrated groundwater – surface water modelling, hydrological processes simulated by MIKE SHE, coupling of hydrological processes, river flow modelling using MIKE 11, setup of integrated model in MIKE SHE, model calibration framework, model parameterisation, sensitivity analysis, parameter estimation algorithms, multi-objective calibration methods, model validation, parameter uncertainty.
- Setup of an integrated hydrological model in MIKE SHE
- Calibrate an integrated MIKE SHE model using parameter optimisation algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of methodologies and tools for integrated hydrological model calibration, including model parameterisation, sensitivity analysis and parameter optimisation
- Knowledge of concepts and tools for parameter uncertainty analysis
Basic knowledge to be able to conduct an integrated hydrological modelling study.
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentOral examination, 20 minutterThe exam takes 20 min. including grading. The student will have a chance to improve a not passed report and resubmit it.
The written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
- Exam registration requirements
- Submission of written report befor exam.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal censors.
Criteria for exam assesment
See description of learning outcome.