NGEK11008U Coastal, Estuarine and Fluvial Geoscience (1+2)
MSc Programme in Geology and Geosciences
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Coastal, Estuarine and Fluvial Geoscience
Dynamic processes, sediment transport and morphological response in coastal, estuarine and fluvial environments. This will include transport of both cohesive and non-cohesive sediments; Stratigraphy and formation of coastal and estuarine landscapes; Field-methods in sediment dynamics and marine studies; Coastal response to sea level fluctuations and climate change; Relative and numerical chronology; Palaeo-geographic reconstructions; Case-studies from different climatic zones.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
Please see Absalon course page.
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 minutesWritten assignmentThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
All students must hand in a written assignment after block 1. The assignment must be approved by the teacher.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship