NGEK10012U Environment, Society and Development (1)
MSc programme in Geology and Geoscience
ECTS course is constituted by block 1 of the 15 ECTS course
"Environment, Society and Development (1+2)".
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Environment, society and development
Theoretical approaches to development geography, modernization theory, dependency theory, and post-development theory, participatory development, gender, and development ethics, human-environment interactions, human and political ecology, ecological economics and sustainability, land system science.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment...
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.