NGEK10010U Remote Sensing of the Bio-Geosphere (1)
MSc Programme in Geology and Geosciences
ECTS course is constituted by block 1 of the 15 ECTS course
"Remote Sensing of the Bio-Geosphere (1+2)".
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Remote sensing of the bio-geosphere
Advanced physical principles in optical and thermal remote sensing, reflectance and emissions. Remote sensing sensors and platforms, data and data formats, data processing and modelling. Hyperspectral remote sensing. Vegetation parameters (vegetation indices, net primary production). Trend analysis and land change modelling. Global trend studies. Data quality and uncertainties. Remote sensing applications in hydrology (soil moisture, evapotranspiration, flooding). Remote Sensing of fires. Remote sensing of Snow and Ice. Remote Sensing software.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
- Project work
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment...
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.