NGEK10008U Environmental Soil Sciences (1)
MSc Programme in Geology and Geosciences
ECTS course is constituted by block 1 of the 15 ECTS course
"Environmental Soil Sciences (1+2)".
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Environmental soil science.
Chemical and physical soil processes, climate changes, land use changes, nutrient cycling and pollution, field methods for sampling of water, soil and air, sampling strategy, method validation, error estimates. calulations.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
Please see Absalon course page.
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment...
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Theory exercises
- Project work