NGEK10007U Environmental Soil Sciences (1+2)
MSc Programme in Agriculture
MSc Programme in Geology and Geosciences
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Environmental soil science
Chemical and physical soil processes, climate changes, land use changes, nutrient cycling and pollution, field methods for sampling of water, soil and air, sampling strategy, method validation, error estimates. calulations.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- apply, evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 minutterWritten assignmentThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
All students must hand in a written assignment after block 1. The assignment must be approved by the teacher. Students must have an approved block 1 assignment to continue with the course and participate in the block 2 exam.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship