NGEK10006U Production and Regulation of Landscapes: Globalisation and Local Strategies (1)
MSc Programme in Geology and Geosciences
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field Production and regulation of landscapes: Globalisation and local strategies.
Globalisation, rescaling, urban landscapes, rural landscapees, the built environment, territorialisation, agglomeration economies, knowledge economy, labour markets and employment, governance, planning, agricultural restructuring and rural development.
- read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- evaluate and analyse methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at colleagues within the business world, public institutions or research institutions.
identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods
conduct and carry out large scale field work, data collection and subsequent analyses
access own professional geographical skills in relation to other subjects
cooporate and work with people from other professions
Please see Absalon course page.
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment...
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Theory exercises
- Project work