NGEA09039U The Evolving Lithosphere
Lithosphere formation, secular evolution of lithosphere, tectonic processes in the lithosphere, importance of the lithosphere for retention of natural resources, geophysical methods used for imaging the lithosphere, methods for modelling processes related to the lithosphere.
- Lithosphere formation and secular evolution
- tectonic processes in the lithosphere
- importance of the lithosphere for retention of natural resources
- geophysical methods used for imaging the lithosphere
- methods for modelling processes related to the lithosphere
- Identification of key features of the lithosphere
- Modeling of lithospheric processes
- Identification of methods for imagining the lithospheric structure
- Upon completion of the course, students should show understanding of :
- processes that form and develop the lithosphere
- formation and retention of mineral and hydrocarbon resources in the Earth
- geophysical methods for studies of structure and processes in the lithosphere
- Scientific reporting
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 20 minutterOral exam without preparation
- Exam registration requirements
- A written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
several internal censors
Criteria for exam assesment
See descrption of learning outcome