NGEA09020U Water Resources (1)
ECTS course is constituted by block 1 of the 15 ECTS course
"Water Resources (1+2)"
The course will integrate disciplines such as Quaternary geology, hydrogeophysics, hydrochemistry/isotopes and hydrogeology. Focus is on illustrating the worth of different sources of data. Fundamentals of groundwater flow and introduction to transport theory. Geological and hydrogeological modeling using advanced software. Hydrogeophysical measurements of key features in catchment. Use of hydrochemical and isotopic tracers to identify sources of water and assign apparent groundwater ages. Groundwater pollution from agricultural contaminants.
- Quarternary geology, hydrogeophysics, hydrochemistry/isotopes and hydrogeology
- Fundamentals of groundwater flow and introduction to transport theory
- Hydrogeophysical measurements
- Hydrochemical and isotopic tracers
- Groundwater pollution from agricultural contaminants.
The course will provide a theoretical overview of the various fluxes of the hydrological cycle and how they can be measured estimated by models of different complexity:
- The issue of scale
- Hydrological modelling and water balance assessment at catchment scale
- Modelling activities integrating several disciplines including hydrology, Quatertary geology, hydrogeophysics, contaminant hydrology, hydrochemistry/isotopes and hydrogeology
- Field data
Please see Absalon course page.
- Project work
- Theory exercises
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment...
- Exam registration requirements
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
Please see learning outcome.