LPLF10355U Organic Food Systems
The aim of the course is to introduce students with an
agriculture or food back-ground an overview of important
theoretical and conceptual aspects of food systems with a special
focus on organic and other alternative food systems.
After completing the course the student should be able to:
- Show overview of important concepts related to food systems.
- Give an account of the historical development and present structure of the organic food system in Denmark
- Identify key actors and structures of importance for the
organic food system.
- Apply food systems as a conceptual framework for analyzing production, distribution and consumption of food.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the defining aspects and principles of organic food production.- Explain key issues related to the analysis of food systems, including sustainability, trust, risk, environment and animal welfare.
- Reflect on organic food production systems and their economic and social context.
- Apply the obtained concepts and analytical framework on a food systems related problem.
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 min. under invigilation---
- Exam registration requirements
- Submitted report from group project
- Only certain aids allowed
The examinee may bring notes and project report.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
More internal examinators.
- If 10 or fewer register for the reexamination the examination form will be oral.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Theory exercises
- Project work