NSCPHD1100 SPPS Summer School in Plant Biology
The conference is hosted by Scandinavian Plant Physiology Society (SPPS).
The summer school is organized by the PhD students themselves. This includes financial aspects, logistics of travel, lodging and invitation of speakers. The Scandinavian countries alternate in hosting the summer school. Registration for the conference will open in January 2014.
Read more at http://phd2014.spps.fi/
The summer school is financially supported by Scandinavian Plant Physiology Society. SPPS is a society open to everyone interested. For further information see www.spps.fi. Chairman: Professor Jaakko Kangasjärvi, Univ. Helsinki, Finland.
Read more at http://www.spps.fi/
- to give participating students an insight into new developments in plant physiology, plant molecular biology and plant biotechnology.
- to give students an insight in plant biology research in Scandinavia.
- to introduce the participants to a network of students, mostly from Scandinavia, working with similar subjects.
- Stengthening this network by communicating you own research at the conference
6-8 Selected papers written by invited speakers will be provided before the conference.
Selected papers by invited speakers will be forwarded to student to be read before the conference. Students must also prepare a presentation of their own research to be given at the conference (oral or poster presentation according to selection by local organisers).
Lectures, discussions and poster sessions. The invited senior scientists will be available during the conference for discussions on individual basis.
Each student must deliver a short summary of the meeting to the course responsible.
Contact Associate Professor Tom Hamborg Nielsen, Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Tel: +45 35 33 33 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentPassing the course requires active participation in conference and presentation of own research as poster or oral presentation. A short summary of the meeting must be delivered.
- Exam registration requirements
- Preparation for an active participation in conference
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship