NMAK16020U CANCELLED Topics in Operator Algebras
MSc Programme in Mathematics
We will cover various topics in operator algebras, with the precise content depending on the intersts of the participants, for example
- Dynamical systems and C*-algebras
- K- and KK-theory
- Groups, groupoids and C*-algebras
- Graph C*-algebras
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to read and understand current research papers.
- Competences: The student should be able to apply the theory to solve problems of moderate difficulty within the topics of the course.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentThere will be given 3 assignments, each of which will count equally towards the final grade.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
30 minutes oral examination with 30 minutes preparation time during which all aids are allowed. For the examination, the students are allowed to bring a one page disposition (max. 20 words), that they have written during the preparation time. Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Project work