NMAA13035U von Neumann Algebras (v.N.Alg)
The course will cover the following subjects:
1) Desingy theorems for von Neumann algebras.
2) Comparison of projections
3) Type I, II and III von Neumann algebras
4) Finite and properly infinite von Neumann algebras
5) The trace on a finite factor
6) The von Neumann algebra associated to a discrete group
7) Examples of factors of Type III.
Knowledge of the subjects mentioned in the description of the content.
Skills: The von Neumann algebra associated to a discrete group
master the classical classification theory for von Neumann algebras. i.e. the type classification and the concept of finiteness. Moreover they should master the methods for constructing von Neumann algebras of type II from discrete groups and von Neumann algebras of type III group actions on measure spaces.
As an exchange, guest and credit student - click here!
Continuing Education - click here!
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30 minutes30 minutes with 30 minutes time for preparation
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Theory exercises