NMAA13029U Algebraic Topology 1.5: Cohomology (AlgTop 1.5)
MSc Programme in Mathematics
The course is a thorough introduction to homology and cohomology, with selected applications.
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content, at the level of a beginning researcher.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to perform computations.
- Competencies: To be able to produce independent proofs in extension of the acquired knowledge.
Example of course litterature:
Parts of chapter 2 and 3 of the textbook Algebraic Topology by Allen Hatcher.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentWeekly homework counting 50 % towards the grade and a 2 hours 'closed-book' final- in class problem set counting 50 % of the grade.
- Only certain aids allowed
All aids allowed for the weekly homework.
No books and no electronic aids are allowed for the 2 hours final exam. Personally created notes either handwritten or printed out on paper are allowed.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
30 minutes oral exam with 30 minutes preparation time. All aids allowed during the preparation time, no aids allowed during the examination.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Theory exercises