NMAA13029U Algebraic Topology 1.5: Cohomology (AlgTop 1.5)
The course covers the fundamental group, ordinary cohomology theory, and selected other topics, such as Steenrod operations. The core material of this course can be found in chapter one and three in Hatcher's textbook entitled Algebraic Topology.
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content, at the level of a beginning researcher.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to perform computations.
- Competencies: To be able to produce independent proofs in extension of the acquired knowledge.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentWeekly homework, and a final in-class problem set.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
- 30 minutes oral exam with preparation time. All aids allowed during the preparation time, no aids allowed during the examination.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Theory exercises