NMAA09039U Algebraic Topology II (AlgTopII)
This course will be an introduction to homotopy theory and spectral sequences. The first part will focus on elementary homotopy theory covering e.g., fibrations, cofibrations, cellular approximation, Whitehead and Hurewich theorem. The second part will focus on spectral sequences in homotopy theory. The Serre spectral sequence is constructed and used to calculate homology and homotopy groups of a number of interesting spaces.
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content, at the level of a beginning researcher.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to perform computations.
- Competencies: To be able to produce independent proofs in extension of the acquired knowledge.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentWeekly homework, and a final in-class problem set.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
- 30 minutes oral exam with preparation time. During the preparation time all aids are allowed. During the examination no aids are allowed.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Theory exercises