NFYA08007U Knowledge-based Entrepreneurship
The course aims at creating interest in starting new commercial
activities – via a company start-up or a new business area in an
existing company – to develop relevant skills and to train some
basic principles and methods within opportunity-driven creativity,
business modeling, business development, business planning and
The raison d’être of the course is that more graduates from higher education within the natural sciences will start and succeed in building new businesses, that they do this as a specific and competent career choice, that the businesses are born with a high level of ambition and core knowledge, and that the founders efficiently exploit the industrial development and financing opportunities available.
After completing the course, students are expected to have
- Opportunities and risks in high-tech business formation
- Opportunity-driven creativity
- Business models and start-up strategies
- Business planning, market analysis and financing
- Business administration, management and law
- Patents and intellectual property rights
- Develop business ideas based on business opportunities through opportunity driven creativity
- Describe and develop business models including describing customer value propositions
- Analyze markets for technological products and services
- Determine capital requirements, establish cash flow projection and budgets on profit/loss, assets/liabilities
- Calculate an equity investment
- Specify management competence profiles
- Independently identify and develop business opportunities in relation to ones on scientific subject
- Work in groups to establish a business
- Plan the establishment of a company through business planning in a high-tech area
- Identify business opportunities
See Absalon when the course is set up.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 30Oral examination based on project work submitted in Absalon.
The student presents the project and draws a question for an individual in-depth presentation.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
- As ordinary exam with hand-in of new project report.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome.
- Project work