SSUA15051U Shaping Innovations on How to Age Healthily
Sundhedsfaglig Kandidatuddannelse - valgfag
Sundhed og Informatik - valgfag (5 pladser)
- Knowledge of the complex aging phenotype: concepts from the humanities, social sciences, neurology, physiology, and biology
- The epidemiology of aging: demographic transition and life history trajectories
- Priority setting across diseases in old age and their consequences - burden of disease estimation
- Measuring health and disease in old age
- Basic concepts on shaping public health innovations
- Evaluation of effect: Randomized and non-randomized study designs. Levels of analysis and levels of causal inference.
- on how to identify, analyse, and explain specific aging related challenges
- on the pros and cons with the use of health innovation in an aging population
- on how to develop innovative solutions in a participatory design, involving the future stakeholders and endusers.
- critical assessment of literature on effectiveness and implementation
- analysing and discussing aging related challenges and innovations
- evaluate effect and implementation of local public health programs
- balance priorities related to cost-effectiveness
- to facilitate innovation processes by working in groups.
- to demonstrate an understanding of aging related challenges
- to overview the organizational and economic viability of innovative solutions
- to conceive and develop a health innovation.
Available on ABSALON
Shared module 1A, shared module 2 and shared module 4 or equivalent qualifications
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Course participationWritten assignmentActive course participation
Individuel written assignment
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assesment
In groups of 2-4, students will write a research proposal which addresses a community health innovation targeting elderly persons. The proposal will be presented and defended at the last day of the course. Individual written reports based on the grant proposals will be submitted for evaluation on a pass/fail basis at the end of the course.
- Class Instruction
- Exam Preparation