MSc programme in Global Health - elective course
The purpose of the course is to allow the students to gain
knowledge of the assignments and conditions at workplaces relevant
to the MSc in Global Health, and to give them the opportunity to
apply theoretical knowledge on global health in practice.
The student must design a protocol and plan for the internship, which must be accepted by the supervisor as well as the company/organization/institution and/or local authority that will host the intern.
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
Skills and compentencies:
- Critically discuss and evaluate projects, programs, policies and other interventions or issues in relation to global health.
- Describe the assignments and conditions encountered during the internship and reflect on their internship experience, utilizing the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired during the programme.
- An internship contract signed by all relevant parties: A written agreement between the student, the faculty supervisor and the host company/organization/institution and/or local authorities, where the internship is to take place.
Students will draw on the learning methods they have acquired in previous courses and practical work, but at this stage integrated and applied on concrete working situations with companies, organizations/institutions and/or local authorities.
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentProject assignment
- Exam registration requirements
Passed exams in at least 30 ECTS of the mandatory exams.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assesment
To achieve the maximum grade of 12, the student must be able to:
- Describe the type of work/project carried out during internship, including the conditions thereof.
Skills and competencies:
- Explain and discuss the knowledge and competencies within global health that the student has used in connection with the internship.
- Apply theoretical knowledge on global health in practice. Critically discuss and evaluate projects, programs, policies or other interventions or issues in relation to global health.
- Draw perspectives of present work for future career and practice, including for research.
- Practical Training