NNEK14013U Psychological Aspects of Competitive Sports
MSc Programme in Humanities and Social Sport Sciences
Research methods in sport psychology, motivation, talent selection and talent development, sport psychological skills training, sport injuries, career transitions.
- Acquire a wide breadth of knowledge of key issues and current research in the area of sport psychological aspects of competitive sports
- Define sport psychological terms in connection to competitive sports
- Describe and summarize theories and models encountered in the reading material
- Learn to integrate the theory of sport and psychology with research and practical application
- Apply the acquired knowledge to personal sport situations and to new cases
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different sport psychological research methods
- Analyze and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different theories
- Design an empirical study on a selected sport psychological topic relevant for competitive sports based on the acquired knowledge
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, during the courseStudents will be asked to design an empirical sport psychological study (max 15 pages) focussing on one of the topics covered in the course. The study design should include a theoretical background, development of hypotheses and a description of the method. The work on the assignment will take place throughout the course and the deadline for submission will be on the scheduled exam date.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Same as ordunary exam.
Criteria for exam assesment
- Class Exercises