NMAK17006U Modern Topics in Statistics
MSc Programme in Statistics
The course will be concerned with selected modern topics in statistics such as, for example, network analysis, Bayesian computation, non-parametric Bayesian inference.
- Basic knowledge of the topics covered
- Understand basic elements of models dicussed in the course
- Discuss and understand issues involved in the analysis of models
- Discuss and understand properties and limitations of the
methods associated with the models covered in the course
- Ability to perform basic Bayesian computations and a basic network analysis
- Understanding the role of the models in analysing data
Lecture notes, selected chapters from books, and selected articles from the literature
For example: Measures and Integrals + Stat1 + Stat2 or equivalent.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Continuous assessmentStudents will have to give three presentations during the course, each of which will count equally.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
30 minutes oral examination with 30 minutes preparation time during which all aids are allowed. No aids allowed during examination. Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assesment
Students must demonstrate understanding of topics covered
- Theory exercises
- Course Preparation