NMAK14028U Project in Statistics
MSc Programme in Statistics
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
This project course on advanced statistical modeling is a compulsory part of the MSc program in statistics. The content of the course presumes a mathematical level corresponding to this MSc program, and consists of:
- An advanced subject in statistical modeling.
- Practical work with statistical modeling, implementation and/or data analysis.
- Independent literature studies.
- Written presentation of data analysis and writing of reports.
The exact content depends on the supervisors assigned to the course. A list of projects will be offered at the beginning of the course, and the participants choose one from the list.
Examples of advanced subjects are:
- Classification and Machine Learning.
- Functional data analysis.
- Bayesian analysis and Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC).
- Graphical and hierarchical models.
- Applied biostatistics.
- Dynamical systems
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignmentFinal individual report
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
If the project report is not passed, an new report must be handed in. It can be based on the original report.
Criteria for exam assesment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Project work