NIGK17016U Environmental Soil Science
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics with a Minor Subject
MSc Programme in Environmental Science
This competence-line course teaches state-of the art research within the field of environmental soil science.
The course deals with the following subjects at a regional scale: soil in relation to the environment and agricultural problems e.g. ochre pollution, nutrient circulation, erosion and heavy metals. Furthermore international soil classification systems will be presented.
- Geochemical and physical soil processes and soil classification in relation to agriculture and environment in a world wide context.
- Read scientific literature related to the course subjects.
- Apply, evaluate and analyze methods, theories and data related to the course subjects.
- Use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- Give short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- Write a short, concise report
- Identify and work out proposal for solving comlex geographical problems using theory, data and methods at local or global scale.
Please see Absalon
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, Ongoing preparation throughout the courseOral examination, 20 minutesThe written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week. The oral exam includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list and the written assignment. A combined grade is given after the oral exam.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Identical to ordinary exam.
The student has the following options:
Is the quality of the written assignment not acceptable, the student can choose to either hand in a new or revised report.
Is the quality of the written assignment acceptable, the student can choose to either hand in a revised report or resubmit the original report from the ordinary exam.
The written assignment must be handed in prior to the re-examination week. The oral exam uses the written assignment as its point of departure. It includes the titles listed in the officially approved reading list.
Criteria for exam assesment
See learning outcome.
- Theory exercises
- Project work