NIFK18005U Welfare Foodscapes
MSc Programme in Integrated Food Studies.
This course is a project module, where groups are asked to identify a project topic taking departure in the identified problems related to concrete welfare institutions where you are able to establish a contact yourself. The projects must be concentrated on topics in the semester theme of welfare foodscapes.
Students who pass the course will have qualifications as follows
Knowledge and understading
- Knowledge and comprehension of the use of methods of data acquisition related to actors in the selected welfare food systems, and sustainable food systems.
- Knowledge and comprehension of method which can be used to answer the formulated problem.
- Should have knowledge and comprehension of the three research traditions: PHN, network & innovation and design.
- Ability to describe and apply the theoretical approach used in the project.
- Ability to use different mapping methods in welfare foodscapes.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to analyse empirical or theoretical cases based on the theoretical and methodological approaches presented in the Semester.
- Ability to evolve different complexities food and meal topics
- Ability to discuss the different science traditions related to a specific identified food oriented problem and the implications of different methodological approaches.
- Ability to describe the analysis of the chosen problem.
- Abililty to describe the group process and the process writing the project report.
See Absalon for a list of course litterature.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the MSc Programme in Integrated Food Studies.
- 10 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Oral examination, 20-25 minutesIndividual oral examination (in groups) on the basis of the written project report. No preparation.
- Exam registration requirements
A group report resulting from the group work must be submitted. This report is not included in the assessment.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
- Exam period
Similar to ordinary exam. If the project report has not been handed in for the ordinary exam, a project report must be handed in two weeks prior to the reexam.
Criteria for exam assesment
See Learning Outcome.
- Project work
- Exam Preparation