NBIK15000U Advanced Plant Identification
MSc Programme in Biology
MSc Programme in Biology with a minor subject
Identification of vascular plants to species, with focus on the Danish flora.
- Overview over botanical terminology and available
tools for identification of Danish plants, experience in
critical use of identification literature
- To correctly identify Danish plants to species by use of relevant determination keys and taxon descriptions
- To have a good overview of systematics and species delimitation in Danish vascular plants
- To understand the correct use of vascular plants in bio-indication
- To be able to safely arrive at the correct identify of Danish vascular plants
- To enable the use of plant identification in conservation surveillance, nature management and dissemination of biodiversity.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- PortfolioThe portfolio consists of documentation of the identification work done in terms of notes and illustrations - photographs or similar - of the diagnostic characters observed and used in the ID process.
- Exam registration requirements
80% participation in excursions and exercises is mandatory.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
Written assignment (4 hours). The following aids allowed: The book "Flora".
If the exam requirement is not fulfilled, the student must take the course again the next year.
Criteria for exam assesment
In order to obtain the grade 12 the student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Learning Outcome.
- Practical exercises
- Project work