NBIK13021U Principal Subject in Immunology and Metabolism 3
MSc Programme in Biochemistry
”Immunology and metabolism module 3” represents the conclusion of ”Immunology and metabolism modules 1 and 2”. Students enrolling for “Immunology and metabolism module 3” have to write an independent essay/scientific report/scientific review on a topic, which is relevant in the context of “Immunology and metabolism modules 1 and 2”. The topic of the essay will be discussed between the teacher and the student. The course involves personal guidance and instruction of the students in relation to not only the scientific content, but also on topics relevant for structuring effective and succinct writing of scientific reports or articles.
During this course module, the student will acquire knowledge of:
- A complex biological phenomenon within a selected topic related
to the theme Immunology and metabolism.
During this course module, the student will acquire the following skills.
- Reading of and understanding complicated articles.
- Critical evaluation of complex scientific results and data.
- Best practice in relation to structuring scientific
reports/articles as well as effective and succinct writing.
During this course module, the student will acquire the following competences.
- The ability to combine diverse types of information and understand complex correlation – also between different scientific disciplines and topics.
- The ability to write clear, well structure and critical scientific report/scientific articles.
The written assignment is based on the knowledge and competences obtained in module 1 and 2.
Teaching may be in Danish if all participants are conversant in Danish and agree.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written assignment, 3 weeksOral examination, 45 min. (no preparation)The course is evaluated on basis of the essay/scientific report/scientific review followed by an oral examination. The grade is given on an overall evaluation of the two parts of exams.
- All aids allowed
Written assignment: All aids allowed.
Oral exam: No aids allowed.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Same as ordinary exam.
A new written assignment within a new subject must be handed in 2 weeks before the reexamination.
Criteria for exam assesment
In order to achieve the grade 12 the written paper, together with the oral presentation and defense, must, through its brief introduction, introduce the reader to the problem and the scientific context. The main content, through presentation of selected results, must be relevant for the subject posed, and clearly described. The description must show full understanding of the argumentation for the experiments undertaken, the methods used, their interpretation, as well as an (implicit or explicit) quality assessment; and demonstrate an understanding of the stage of knowledge, including its limits, of the selected subject matter.
- Project work