NBIB10010U Gene Technology - Nano (GentekN)
BSc Programme in Nanoscience
BSc Programme in Molecular Biomedicine
The course includes:
- A thourough review of gene technology methods
- Cellular control of macromolecular biosynthesis with emphasis on the experimental basis
- Generation of genome- and cDNA libraries
- Screening of libraries including expression cloning in Xenopus oocytes and Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Genome-, trancriptome- and proteome analysis
- Production of transgenic animals
- Heterologous expression in bacteria, yeast/fungi, insect cells, mammalian cells and whole animals
The student will obtain detailed knowledge on
- gene technology methods
- cellular control of macromolecular biosynthesis with emphasis on the experimental basis
- generation of genome- and cDNA libraries
- screening of libraries including expression cloning in Xenopus oocytes and Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- genome-, trancriptome- and proteome analysis
- production of transgenic animals
- heterologous expression in bacteria, yeast/fungi, insect cells, mammalian cells and whole animals
The student gains core competences within modern gene technology. The degree of confidence with modern gene technology/molecular biology obtained during the course allows him/her to design gene technology/molecular biology experiments based upon known gene technological methods. The student obtains experience with critical interpretation and treatment of original molecular biology data.
The two most important competences obtained by the student are to comprehend scientific data and put them in a genetechnology/molecular biology context and to use the genetechnology toolbox to solve real genetechnological/molecular biology problems.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examination, 4 hours under invigilationThe course has been selected for ITX exam on Peter Bangs Vej.
- All aids allowed
The University will make computers and power available to students taking written exams with invigilation in the University’s building on Peter Bangs Vej 36 (ITX). These students are therefore not permitted to bring their own computers, tablets or mobile phones. If textbooks and/or notes are permitted, according to the course description, these must be in paper format or on a USB flash drive.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assesment
In order to obtain the grade 12 the student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Learning Outcome.