HIOK0002FU Language Processing 2
IT and Cognition
Have you ever wondered how to build a system that can process text automatically, for example translate between languages, reveal syntactic structure, or extract semantic information?
In this class we will explore fundamental algorithms and models for natural language processing, and describe the application of these algorithms and models to key problems in natural language processing, such as POS tagging, syntactic, semantic and discourse analysis, and machine translation.
The main focus will be on the practical implementation of methods for syntactic parsing.
The format of the class consists of lectures (including guest lectures), student presentations, and project work.
The examinee is able to:
- demonstrate theoretical insight into natural language processing by
identifying problems and solutions in the context of practical applications
- apply feature extraction methods and modelling techniques in natural
- deal with specific challenges arising from processing user-generated
- evaluate systems or system components.
See the curriculum:
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Written examinationWritten take-home assignment, set subject
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Class Instruction
- Course Preparation
- Exam Preparation